Suppose someones taxable income is 44,145. If that person pays 10,279 in taxes

JustJon

Suppose someones taxable income is 44,145. If that person pays 10,279 in taxes. What percentage of his/her income would go to taxes?

Thanks In Advance.

Insufficient information. Also required is NonTaxable Income.
Is the problem statement worded correctly?

If one pays $10 on $100 income, what is the tax rate? How do you determine the rate?

There is nothing in my original question that is asking about a tax rate? Its a simple question and im to stupid to know the answer. If I pay 10 in taxes and my income was 100 then my percentage I would pay to taxes is obviously 10%. Now, with that being said. If my income is 44,145 and I paid 10,279 in taxes....what percentage of my income went to pay taxes?
Thanks,

There is nothing in my original question that is asking about a tax rate? Its a simple question and im to stupid to know the answer. If I pay 10 in taxes and my income was 100 then my percentage I would pay to taxes is obviously 10%. Now, with that being said. If my income is 44,145 and I paid 10,279 in taxes....what percentage of my income went to pay taxes?
Thanks,
1) That's better. Notice how you changed the question. Before it was "taxable income". Now, it's just "income:. This solves the deficiency if you really mean it.

2) "What percentage of income" is the "Tax Rate". Rethink your statement disclaimer that the question contains nothing about a tax rate.

3) How did you calculate the 10% tax rate in my tiny example? Calculate your desired tax rate in exactly the same way.

$10/$100 = 0.10 = 10%

Last edited:
I think talking about "taxes" and "tax rate" just confuses things. As I see it the problem is just asking what percent one number is of another. If you have income of 44145 and pay 10279 (in taxes or for anything else) that 10279 is \(\displaystyle \frac{10279}{44145}= 0.23284\) or 23.3% (rounding to 3 digits) of the amount.

Exactly Halls...I thank you and tk for helping me. I am old and just have forgotten alot of things.
Thanks again,
J