Systems of Equations NEED HELP ASAP PLZ!!

xanus

Ok I have been trying to figure these 3 problems out and I know its probably something very simple as I can do other problems like them that are similar but these are racking my brain please help!

1. Write a system of equation where the solution is (-2,1)

2. This i need to find out x and y through elimination and/or substitution (same with #3):

4x+6y=18
6x+9y=18

3. 2/3x+y=-3
y-1/3x=6

Also, I can't seem to find the problem again but could someone give me insight on this one below as well? No one I have asked offline seems to know. :eek:

Probably can't get it completely right since im typing it by memory.

Write the system of equation for this word problem:

Susie has $900 startup cash, each shirt she makes costs $20 to make. She plans on selling them for $30, how many shirts will it take for her to make a profit? (<--that is also part of the problem)

A) above question

B) write a system of equation showing the details of the word problem.

C) make a graph for the system of equation.

If anyone can help TY SO MUCH!

xanus said:
Ok I have been trying to figure these 3 problems out and I know its probably something very simple as I can do other problems like them that are similar but these are racking my brain please help!

1. Write a system of equation where the solution is (-2,1)
Start with a basic x + y = ____ (using those numbers). Then make another equation such as 2x - y and set it equal to whatever you'd get for x = -2, y = 1.

2. This i need to find out x and y through elimination and/or substitution (same with #3):
If this is written correctly, there is no solution.
4x+6y=18
6x+9y=18

3. 2/3x+y=-3
y-1/3x=6
Rewrite the second equation in normal order, then multiply across both equations by 3 to clear the fractions. Then solve.
Also, I can't seem to find the problem again but could someone give me insight on this one below as well? No one I have asked offline seems to know. :eek:

Probably can't get it completely right since im typing it by memory.

Write the system of equation for this word problem:

Susie has $900 startup cash, each shirt she makes costs $20 to make. She plans on selling them for $30, how many shirts will it take for her to make a profit? (<--that is also part of the problem)

A) above question

B) write a system of equation showing the details of the word problem.

C) make a graph for the system of equation.

If anyone can help TY SO MUCH!