T-score not shown in tables

jeruldason

I am trying to find a T-score of a one-tailed test, significance level = 0.02, and degree of freedom = 12.
However when I look into the table for a t-score, all I can find was significance level = 0.02 for a two-tailed test. Any idea how I can find the t-score for one-tailed test with a significance level of 0.02?

This all depends on how your class is conducted. You can use a statistical calculator or computer software if that is part of your class. If you are only allowed to use a table that is given to you, you would have to estimate the value by its distance between two numbers in the table. This would be less accurate. For example, your table might have values for 0.01 and 0.05. Then the 0.02 value would be about 1/4 of the way from 0.01 to 0.05. (This is called interpolation.) If you don't have 12 df in the table, you would have to interpolate for the degrees of freedom, too. I assume there are more extensive tables on the Internet that would have t-values for 0.02 if you are allowed to use the Internet.