Tangent to a circle - rotation angle

Denis342

Hello,

I don't use math too often (I work as a programmer) and need your help - I think this one will be simple for mathematician.

Assuming α = 60 degrees. How can I calculate β angle?
gotowy 1.png

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Angle beta is just the supplement of angle alpha. If you look at the supplementary angle to the right of beta, that's equal to alpha, because the sides of the angle are both rotated 90 degrees from the sides of alpha.

… I don't use math too often (I work as a programmer) …
To supplement Dr. Peterson's answer, I would like to add the definition of supplementary angles.

Two angles are supplementary to one another, if their measures total 180º.

EG:

30º and 150º are supplementary angles
60º and 120º are supplementary angles
90º and 90º are supplementary angles

PS: I'm curious. What kind of programming doesn't use much math?

?

Thank you for the answer - I appreciate.

Otis, almost every programming discipline doesn't use math. For example web/mobile application developement doesn't use even a tiny bit of math. Math is used only within 3D programming (games, robots etc.)

Thank you for the answer - I appreciate.

Otis, almost every programming discipline doesn't use math. For example web/mobile application developement doesn't use even a tiny bit of math. Math is used only within 3D programming (games, robots etc.)
Not to fully disagree with you, but I would be very careful about using a word like "only". There are more kinds of programming than you (or I) are aware of.

But another issue is that there are many kinds of math! I think you are talking here specifically about geometry (which, by the way, is also used in 2D). But logic is also a part of math (though philosophers may dispute that), and it is used in most programming. For that matter, so is arithmetic ...

almost every programming discipline doesn't use math …
Hi Denis342. We must have different perspectives about what constitutes 'math'. That's okay; I was just curious.

?