Teaching in the Fall Semester as a Graduate Assistant

The final exam is two hours long, and my supervisor writes it and give it to all the sections of college algebra. It is a comprehensive exam.

I know that this question is not the best one to ask because it is unrealistic. My supervisor said the same thing. In this exam, calculators was not allowed. So I had it make it an easy computation problem but with idea of a share work problem that was linear. The main point of this question is the set up of the share work problem.
Whether the question was a good one really depend on what you were thinking when you gave the problem. If you realized that since both companies can do the plowing on their own in less than 6 hours so that the answer was obvious and you wanted your students to say that it is obvious, then I like the question. Otherwise you should be more careful making up exams. I ALWAYS solve my exams before giving it to the students, not to have an answer sheet (I actually throw it away after doing the test), but to make sure that there are no problems with the exam.

A fellow graduate student once told me that he gave his class a problem like this: If you had 20 coins that consisted of only nickels and times totaling to $1.75, then how many quarters do you have? He knew that the answer was 0, but wanted to see how the students handled that question.