The functions of curve lines

apprenticeLv5

If I draw curve lines on a paper randomly, could all of those be represented in functions?

Attachments

• strokes.png
    strokes.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 3
That depends on what sort of function you have in mind.

In general, it won't be y = f(x); but it could be a parametric function, x = f(t), y = g(t) for 0 <= t <= 1.
Thank you for your answer. It's clear to me now. That was exactly the one in mind.

I remember seeing something one time about this, and I'm pretty sure that yes, random scribbles on paper can be graphed, but unfortunately, I cannot find the video now. :)

thats why topographers
cannot find exacktly the area of any property which at least has a curved line in its perimeter

cannot find exacktly the area of any property which at least has a curved line in its perimeter
I understand what you have in mind, chrislav, but I wouldn't say "any" such property because there are exceptions (eg: circular arc connecting opposite corners of a square lot).

:)

I understand what you have in mind, chrislav, but I wouldn't say "any" such property because there are exceptions (eg: circular arc connecting opposite corners of a square lot).

:)
yes you can constract a property of that shape and you can find exactly the area ,but for existing properties this is very rare or nearly impossible
because for existing properties you have to find out first the shape of your property which practicaly speaking no topographer will take the task to do so because the time needed is extremely big

for existing properties this is very rare
Ah, but chrislav, I'm thinking as a mathematician (albeit, not an economist). The fact that such properties exist makes them exceptions to the meaning of 'any'.

;)