There are 1031 tickets in a bucket numbered 1 through 1031. Every day you draw 20 tic

Gauntlet87

There are 1031 tickets in a bucket numbered 1 through 1031. Every day you draw 20 tickets at random. Every time you draw a ticket you write the number down and put it back in the bucket. How many days will it take you to draw all 1031 tickets at least once?

Assume that the amount of new ticket numbers you draw each day is equal to the odds of drawing a previously un-drawn ticket number. --- Example: If on a day there is a 10% chance of drawing a previously un-drawn ticket number, you would draw 2 new ticket numbers.

There are 1031 tickets in a bucket numbered 1 through 1031. Every day you draw 20 tickets at random. Every time you draw a ticket you write the number down and put it back in the bucket. How many days will it take you to draw all 1031 tickets at least once?

Assume that the amount of new ticket numbers you draw each day is equal to the odds of drawing a previously un-drawn ticket number. --- Example: If on a day there is a 10% chance of drawing a previously un-drawn ticket number, you would draw 2 new ticket numbers.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking here. Solely going by the information in the first paragraph, you could have drawn all 1031 tickets in just 52 days, if each day you draw 20 tickets that have never been seen before. However, since you're picking randomly, you may very well pick the same exact 20 numbers over and over again, and literally never see all 1031 tickets. Are you perhaps meant to find the expected number of days?

And then the second paragraph is where you lose me entirely. So you're saying you draw the base 20 tickets plus an additional number based on the odds of drawing a never-before-seen ticket? Is this additional number perhaps generated by some formula which takes the odds as an argument? I just can't make heads or tails of it, honestly. :confused: