Three Dimensional Distance

NaN-Gram

I had a couple of questions for finding distance in a three dimensional space.

I want to find the distance from a point from the x-y-z axes, and also the planes.

Find the distance from the point (6,8,5)

From the yz, xy, zx, and zy planes.

Also, finding the distances from the point (2,0,3) from the three distinct axes (x,y,z) respectively.

You post makes no sense to me, sorry. You keep saying that you want to find the distance from a point. You find the distance between two points.

Your last question makes sense but I wonder if you meant what you wrote. The distance from (2,0,3) and the x axis is 2, from the y axis is 0 and from the z axis is 3.

You post makes no sense to me, sorry. You keep saying that you want to find the distance from a point. You find the distance between two points.

Your last question makes sense but I wonder if you meant what you wrote. The distance from (2,0,3) and the x axis is 2, from the y axis is 0 and from the z axis is 3.
I think he (or she) meant to find the shortest distance to a plane. See for example, Here. But maybe I am wrong.

I had a couple of questions for finding distance in a three dimensional space.

I want to find the distance from a point from the x-y-z axes, and also the planes.

Find the distance from the point (6,8,5)

From the yz, xy, zx, and zy planes.

Also, finding the distances from the point (2,0,3) from the three distinct axes (x,y,z) respectively.
The distance from (6,8,5) to the xy plane is (the absolute value of) its z coordinate. Do you see why?

To find the distance from (6,8,5) to the x axis, think about where the nearest point will be on the x axis. Do you see why it will be (6,0,0)? What is the distance between those points?

The distance from (6,8,5) to the xy plane is (the absolute value of) its z coordinate. Do you see why?

To find the distance from (6,8,5) to the x axis, think about where the nearest point will be on the x axis. Do you see why it will be (6,0,0)? What is the distance between those points?

I think I understand now, thank you Dr. Peterson.