Trapezoid help please

lornick

Trying to work out E and F, when A = 70 and B= 120 I have worked out the other side of the angles for B and D but cant work out E and F. Is there a formula to do this. I believe B =110 and D= 60. Sorry I forgot to put arrows in but note that A and D are parallel to B and C. But A and B is not parallel to D and C. Please note that I have altered the numbers to my assignment question may look like its not a trapezoid but my equation is for one.
Not sure if you can view the diagram. Thanks ahead for any help I can get solving this, its been doing my head in for quite some time:confused:.
trapzoid.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to work out E and F, when A = 70 and B= 120...  I believe B =110 and D= 60.
Which is it? Is B = 120 or is B = 110? What was the text of the original exercise? Were you given any other information, such as whether AD is a diameter?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

No other information provided

I pretty sure I worked it out now. No I was not given any other information in regards to it, what you see is all I got . I have assumed that A and D is the diameter. To work it out I have applied the Thales theorem. Hopefully this helps others that come across this type of problem

Which is it? Is B = 120 or is B = 110? What was the text of the original exercise?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry typo my mistake B=120 and no not of the original exercise, but identical to it numbers have been changed. Thank you for your help and pointing out my mistake.