Trig Curves

xc630

Hello. I do not know how to graph the inverses of trig graphs such as secant, cosecant, etc. I would appreciate soem help with these two graphs.

How would you sketch the graph y=sec 2x and y = sec 1/2x ? Thanks for the help.

I recall going over these graphs in trig I think but if you do not know how to graph something, plot points and "connect the dots".

for sec x, recall that it is \(\displaystyle \frac{1}{{\cos x}}\) so you know that the graph cannot contain those points where the cosx=0, hence you get vertical asymptotes at those locations. I am no familiar with how to put graphs on this board but if you truly just want to know what it looks like, you can quickly search the net for a graph. If its just how you go about graphing it, well thats how you graph, plot points if you do not know what it looks like.

As far as the sec 2x is concerned you need to know what the "base graph" looks like and how the "2x" affects the period of that graph. The period is one complete cycle of the graph. That would speed things up but you can still find it by plotting points if you aren't familiar with the base graph or the period of the graph..