Trig Function

greatwhiteshark

y=2cos(1/2x+ pie/2)

Choices: Which is the answer and how do I find it?

a)pie over 4 units to the right
b)pie units to the left
c)pie over 2 units to the left
d)2pie units to the right

greatwhiteshark said:
y=2cos(1/2x+ pie/2)
Choices: Which is the answer and how do I find it?
a)pie over 4 units to the right
b)pie units to the left
c)pie over 2 units to the left
d)2pie units to the right
Answer to what? There isn't a question or problem statement.

Anyway, FACTOR!!!

(½*x + ½pi) = ½(x+pi)

THERE is the guy you're looking for. Do any of those movement questions mention the magnitude "pi"?

By the way, "pie" is for apples and cherries. "Pi" is for circles and trig.

Janet,
Pie is something we eat: apple pie is American Pie.
Pi is the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of any circle.

PIE OR PI..

Obviously, I made a typing error. I know the BIG Difference betweeb PIE and PI. I only get attacked on this site except for Gene and Soroban---the true professionals here.

Atleast I am a humble person who admits that making errors is part of human nature except for tkhunny. You seem to be very proud. Remember that pride comes before a fall. I guess tkhunny is the only member on Earth is MR. MATH, right? Tkhunny, do you ever make mistakes or type something by error? I guess you did not learn humility from Guido's note addressed to you and Jolly, right?

Janet

I'm sorry, but what did you just say about me, greatwhiteshark?

Janet,
Many of us are from a really academic community.
In such communities, give and take is just a matter of course.
As such, it is no place for the thin-skinned.
I, for one, often forget that you may not be a university student.
So please understand that you have been treated with a different kind of respect, as if you are more mature than you seem to be.
Frankly, I found Guido’s rant as the most unprofessional on this site.
If the sort of treatment does bother you then I advise you to not plan to major in mathematics at university.

It strikes me that we don't know if we answered your question.

Did you get the phase shift thing or was it a different question?

You are dead wrong

My Reply to pka will be inside brackets. I want everyone to read.

Janet,
Many of us are from a really academic community. [So what? Going to college has you proud and arrogant like tkhunny].
In such communities, give and take is just a matter of course.
As such, it is no place for the thin-skinned. [You are right. I do not want to be a part of a proud math bunch of jerks].

I, for one, often forget that you may not be a university student. [Do you me, sir? I have three college degrees in areas OUTSIDE OF math, okay?

So please understand that you have been treated with a different kind of respect, as if you are more mature than you seem to be. [There is only ONE TYPE of respect---DECENT. People are either respected or not. ]
Frankly, I found Guido’s rant as the most unprofessional on this site. [No, Guido is a kind person whose recent attack against two jerks who should NOT be here at all is TOTALLY fine by me. He came to my defense and I really like him and Soroban. I told Ted, the owner of the site, to STRICKLY forbid tutor tkhunny from answering my questions but I guess tkhunny DOES NOT understand simple words like: GET LOST YOU BUMB!!]
If the sort of treatment does bother you then I advise you to not plan to major in mathematics at university. [What does majoring in math have to do with the stupid things that people are saying about me here? There are professionals and jerks with degrees. Which one are you? If you, like tkhunny, plan to insult me, PLEASE stay away from my questions.]
I will also send this note to ted.]

very angry,
Janet
Student