Trigonometric Equations and Identities

alliesmith

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how I could find the solution to this question. (Pre-Calc 12)

For what values of x is the expression foto_no_exif.png defined?

I have tried the following steps but I am unsure how to continue from here on or if I am going in the completely wrong direction.
foto_no_exif (1).png

foto_no_exif (2).png

Thank you very much

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how I could find the solution to this question. (Pre-Calc 12)

For what values of x is the expression View attachment 23966 defined?

I have tried the following steps but I am unsure how to continue from here on or if I am going in the completely wrong direction.
View attachment 23968

View attachment 23967

Thank you very much
When would that expression be NOT defined?

1. When the denominator becomes zero

2. When the numerator is not defined

A fraction is undefined when the numerator is undefined, when the denominator is undefined and/or when the denominator is 0. Its your turn now.

For what values of x is the expression View attachment 23966 defined?

View attachment 23968

View attachment 23967
You aren't told to simplify the expression, only to find its domain. It's worth knowing that simplifying sometimes changes the domain, so you should in fact not simplify at all here!