Trigonometry: find A if sin A = 0.4576; F if tan F = 0.4279

keri__lynn

Find the measures of each angle to the nearest tenth of a degree.

sin A = 0.4567

AND

tan F = 0.4279

Re: Trigonometry: find measure of x, given lengths of 2 sides

Not sure what your question is. Is your problem that you don't know how to obtain the measure of an angle using your calculator or your tables? What have you done so far? Where are you stuck?

the question just says find the measure of each angle to the nearest tenth of a degree.

i am not sure where to even begin...

here is the question :

sin A = 0.4567

and the other question is :

tan f = 0.4279

keri__lynn said:
the question just says find the measure of each angle to the nearest tenth of a degree. i am not sure where to even begin...
I'm sorry to hear that you've recently missed so many class meetings. Unfortunately, we are not able to replace those hours of classroom instruction. To get caught up, you'll probably need to hire a qualified local tutor, and set aside a few hours a week for diligent study sessions.

For this particular exercise, however, just do like they showed in the book: use the inverse-trig-function keys on your calculator to obtain the required values. (To learn how to punch the buttons on your calculator to find the angles, try reading your calculator's owner's manual.)

Eliz.

sin A = 0.4567

If you have a graphing calculator find how to enter sin[sup:2mxo11k1]-1[/sup:2mxo11k1]. It will probably be to use the 2nd function button followed by the sin button. Then enter 0.4567 and press the Enter button.

If you have a scientific calculator enter 0.45676 then press the sin[sup:2mxo11k1]-1[/sup:2mxo11k1] button which will probably be Shift-sin.

If all else fails, read the manual.

keri__lynn said:
the question just says find the measure of each angle to the nearest tenth of a degree.

i am not sure where to even begin...

here is the question :

sin A = 0.4567

and the other question is :

tan f = 0.4279

Now that you have been given a few suggestions as to where to begin, check you answers against these:

\(\displaystyle \sin A = 0.4567\Longrightarrow A=\sin^{-1}0.4567\approx\boxed{27.2^{\circ}}\)

\(\displaystyle \tan F = 0..4279\Longrightarrow F=\tan^{-1}0.4279\approx\boxed{23.2^{\circ}}\)

Now practice on some others in the book and check your answers.

Hope this has been helpful.