Trouble making F subject of the formula a=F/1-d*F

Spillarney

Hello, apologies if this isn't classed as beginning algebra but I wasn't sure what constituted as beginners and I am a novice at maths.
I am having trouble with a particular formula;

a=F/1-d*F

I am trying to make F the subject of the formula but I am at a complete loss because it appears in both the numerator and denominator. If anyone could please help me out with this then it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, apologies if this isn't classed as beginning algebra but I wasn't sure what constituted as beginners and I am a novice at maths.

a=F/(1-d*F) ........... Those () are very important.

I am trying to make F the subject of the formula but I am at a complete loss because it appears in both the numerator and denominator. If anyone could please help me out with this then it would be greatly appreciated.

How would solve the problem - if the expression was:

a=2/(1- d*F)

Show all the steps!

When you have an equation with one denominator, you can "clear" the ratio by multiplying each side of the equation by the denominator.

EG: Solve for c

a/(b+c) = k

Multiply each side by b+c

a = k*(b+c)

The ratio is gone; now distribute k on the right

a = k*b + k*c

On each side, subtract k*b and then divide by k

a - k*b = k*c

c = (a - k*b)/k

a=F/1-d*F

I am trying to make F the subject of the formula but I am at a complete loss because it appears in both the numerator and denominator.
From this comment, I'll guess that your equation is meant to be one of the following:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle \mbox{A. }\, a\, =\, \dfrac{F}{1\, -\, dF}\)

. . . . .\(\displaystyle \mbox{B. }\, a\, =\, \dfrac{F}{(1\, -\, d)\,F}\)

If you mean one of the above, please reply specifying which one. If you meant something else, please review how to format math as text (here) and reply with clarification. Either way, include a clear listing of your efforts so far, especially in light of the suggestions provided earlier. Thank you! ;)