True or false, and prove it: A + BC = (A + B)(A + C)

Anood

Hi,
Can you please help me withe following:
Is it True or False and prove it:

1)A+BC=(A+B)(A+C)
i think it's false because
R..H.S (A+B)(A+C)
=AA+AC+AB+BA
=A(C)+B(A)
=A(B+C)

(2)(A+B)' =A'B' ':means negation
I couldn't do this one

(3)A XOR (B+C)= A XOR B + A XOR C

i made mistakes, i have no bases for my previous answer :)

but using trith tables i figured out that nuber 1 and 2 are false and three is true are my conclusions right?

If you are doing truth tables, then I will guess that the "equations" are actually logical statements. Is this correct? If not, then what are you working on? If so, then what is the meaning of a "product" such as "AB"?

You define your notation for the "not" operator, being the apostrophe. I will guess guess that a "sum" actually means the "and" operator. But how are you indicating the "or" operator in (1) and (2)? Is "XOR" the "exclusive" "or", meaning "this or that, but not both"?

Please reply with correction or confirmation. Thank you! :D

Eliz.

stapel said:
If you are doing truth tables, then I will guess that the "equations" are actually logical statements. Is this correct? If not, then what are you working on? If so, then what is the meaning of a "product" such as "AB"?

You define your notation for the "not" operator, being the apostrophe. I will guess guess that a "sum" actually means the "and" operator. But how are you indicating the "or" operator in (1) and (2)? Is "XOR" the "exclusive" "or", meaning "this or that, but not both"?

Please reply with correction or confirmation. Thank you! :D

Eliz.

Sum is "or"; product is "and".

Sum: 1 + 1 >= 1; 1 + 0 = 0 + 1 = 1 and 0 + 0 = 0.

Product: 11 = 1, 10 = 01 = 00 = 0.

what JakeD wrote i think explaines it all and the Xor is the exclusive or
so are my conclusions right?[/tex]