Try to connect five things with the shortest length of cable

F
25M
5033R
303135T

This table shows the distances between places. in Km

Model this above to show how the places can be connected with the least amount of cable.

The shortest length I can get is 121km with all still being connected.

Can you please tell us your question, or do you want us to do the work for you? You do realize that this a math help service, correct?
Please show us your work and state why you think/do not think that 121 km is the solution. Just for the record this in our guidelines. Also can you please fill in the table as best as you can?

Hi Jomo, My question is I want to know if I got the correct answer. I think 121km is the answer but could be wrong. The table is given to me like this. I guess that there is no the road connecting K with M ect ect if that makes sense. (see F connect with K with a length of 32km)

Hi Jomo, My question is I want to know if I got the correct answer. I think 121km is the answer but could be wrong. The table is given to me like this. I guess that there is no the road connecting K with M ect ect if that makes sense. (see F connect with K with a length of 32km)
I will ask again, can you please tell us how you got 121km. It really isn't fair of you to ask us to work it out only to possibly find out it is 121km when you have the work in front of you.

Last edited:
Ok sorry. I'm not sure If I'm drawing it right either? The first image is how'd I'd draw it and to shorten it I'd draw the second one.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 11.56.07 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 11.57.26 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 11.56.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 11.56.07 AM.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
Your 1st graph is not correct. There is no distance from F to K given on the chart, yet you have a line going from F to K
There is a distance from T to K yet your 1st graph does not have one. Seriously how can you find the shortest distance with the wrong graph.
Also the graph is not very valuable with the distances listed. Not a big deal as I drew my own (much easier than the I thought it would be).
I will give you one hint. The distance from F to K is 32 km while the distance from T to K is 30km.

Errrm. Did you see the table? F goes to K with a distance of 32km. But your correct T does go to K!! and I missed that F goes to RScreenshot 2019-11-07 at 5.15.45 PM.png

So is my second graph now correct? total of 119kmScreenshot 2019-11-07 at 5.25.35 PM.png

P.s I'd love to see your graph!!