Trying to calculate chance of winning a job on multiple apps.

Stevie1403

I was hoping somebody could give me an answer as to the chance and probability of being assigned a job on an multiple apps with multiple users.
explain how the chance may change as more people are assigned jobs and also if you'd have better or worse chance being on all apps or just on one.

30 people are logged into App A waiting for a job at any given time, and the app is assigning 10 jobs at any given moment .what would your chance be of having 1 job assigned to you?

30 people are all logged into App A ,B and C at the same time and each app is assigning 10 jobs at any given time. What would your chance be of having 1 job assigned to you ?

10 people are logged into app a , 10 into app b and 10 Into app c, each app if assigning 10 jobs at any given time , what would be your chance of having 1 job assigned to you ?

Could you also maybe demonstrate how your chances change in each situation as there become less people waiting as some will already have been assigned a job .

Also do you have more chance of getting a job assigned if there are 10 people on each one of the three apps , or 30 people on all 3 apps . Presuming that once assigned a job that person does not take another job from the other two apps

Sorry I'm no mathematician, this isn't for school I'm just curious about the chance / probability in each given situation .

Any replies would be very welcome, thank you in advance.

I was hoping somebody could give me an answer as to the chance and probability of being assigned a job on an multiple apps with multiple users.
explain how the chance may change as more people are assigned jobs and also if you'd have better or worse chance being on all apps or just on one.

30 people are logged into App A waiting for a job at any given time, and the app is assigning 10 jobs at any given moment .what would your chance be of having 1 job assigned to you?

30 people are all logged into App A ,B and C at the same time and each app is assigning 10 jobs at any given time. What would your chance be of having 1 job assigned to you ?

10 people are logged into app a , 10 into app b and 10 Into app c, each app if assigning 10 jobs at any given time , what would be your chance of having 1 job assigned to you ?

Could you also maybe demonstrate how your chances change in each situation as there become less people waiting as some will already have been assigned a job .

Also do you have more chance of getting a job assigned if there are 10 people on each one of the three apps , or 30 people on all 3 apps . Presuming that once assigned a job that person does not take another job from the other two apps

Sorry I'm no mathematician, this isn't for school I'm just curious about the chance / probability in each given situation .

Any replies would be very welcome, thank you in advance.
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.​

I don't think you wrote what you meant in the second scenario. If 10 people are in an app which assigns 10 jobs, then everyone's chance of getting a job is 100%. In this case, unlike the first, there are 30 jobs for 30 people!

There are some useful things to learn from this sort of question, but you'll need to improve your question. (That's typical of probability questions! It's very easy to ask a question that isn't what you meant; refining the question can be a most important part of answering it.)

I don't think you wrote what you meant in the second scenario. If 10 people are in an app which assigns 10 jobs, then everyone's chance of getting a job is 100%. In this case, unlike the first, there are 30 jobs for 30 people!

There are some useful things to learn from this sort of question, but you'll need to improve your question. (That's typical of probability questions! It's very easy to ask a question that isn't what you meant; refining the question can be a most important part of answering it.)
Thanks I'll take another look , what you're saying makes sense.