Turing machine for addition and comparison of binary numbers

asif

Good Day everyone!

I am trying to solve this Exercise for learning purpose. Can someone guide me in solving these 3 questions?

Like I tried the 1st question for addition of 2 binary numbers separated by '+'. where I tried 2 numbers addition by representing each number with respective number of 1's or zeros e.g 5 = 1 1 1 1 1 or 0 0 0 0 0 and then add them and the result will also be in the same format as represented but how to add or represent 2 binaries and separating them by +, not getting any clue. Will be head of Turing machine move from left and reach plus sign and then move left and right of + sign? But how will the addition be performed. As far as my little knowledge is concerned TM can not simply add binaries we have to make some logic to represent its binaries like in the case of simple addition of 2 numbers. Similar is the case with comparison of 2 binaries?

Regards

As far as my little knowledge is concerned TM can not simply add binaries we have to make some logic to represent its binaries like in the case of simple addition of 2 numbers.
You have a major misunderstanding of the topic. The whole point of studying TM is to understand what computers can and can't do. TM = computer.

The exercises contain suggested solution methods. Did you try them?