Urgent! Geometry Question?

Ocean

An inverted cone with side length 4m is placed on top of the sphere with radius root 2 m so that the centre of its base is 0.5m above the center of the sphere.

a) Fiind the radius of the cone exactly.
b) Find the area of the curved surface exactly.
c) What are the exact dimensions of a box that could precisely fit the cone connected to the sphere?

The answers are a) root 7 / 2m, b) 2 x root 7 x pi m^2. c) root 7 * root 7 * 1 but I don't know how to get to it?

The wording of the question is rather unclear. Judging by the answers, what they mean by "inverted cone" is a cone with the point upward (which is not how I usually see the term used); and the edge of the cone lies on the sphere, which is not really stated.

So you can start by finding the radius of the circle on the sphere that is 0.5 meter above the center. Drawing a side view of this, you should see a right triangle you can use.

Then you'll have both the base radius and the slant height of the cone, and can use a formula you should have been taught to find the lateral surface area.

Then, I'm not sure what the last part means. No interpretation I can think of gives the indicated answer.

Is there a picture with the problem?

An inverted cone with side length 4m is placed on top of the sphere with radius root 2 m so that the centre of its base is 0.5m above the center of the sphere.

a) Fiind the radius of the cone exactly.
b) Find the area of the curved surface exactly.
c) What are the exact dimensions of a box that could precisely fit the cone connected to the sphere?

The answers are a) root 7 / 2m, b) 2 x root 7 x pi m^2. c) root 7 * root 7 * 1 but I don't know how to get to it?
Solid cone? Hollow cone?

The wording of the question is rather unclear. Judging by the answers, what they mean by "inverted cone" is a cone with the point upward (which is not how I usually see the term used); and the edge of the cone lies on the sphere, which is not really stated.

So you can start by finding the radius of the circle on the sphere that is 0.5 meter above the center. Drawing a side view of this, you should see a right triangle you can use.

Then you'll have both the base radius and the slant height of the cone, and can use a formula you should have been taught to find the lateral surface area.

Then, I'm not sure what the last part means. No interpretation I can think of gives the indicated answer.

Is there a picture with the problem?
Thank you so much! Hmm no there wasn’t any picture attached to it..

Yes, either it has to be hollow, or the sphere was cut off to make room for the cone.

Have you done the work I suggested?