Urgent Help Please: "The math club designed a pennant for the school team, in the shape of an isosceles triangle."

MathHelpPlease7171

I don't understand how to solve this problem, help?
The math club at Tucson High designed a pennant for the school team. The pennant was in the shape of an isosceles triangle. Two points, P and Q, are located so that AC = AP = PQ = QB. Find the measure of angle B. You must show
calculations to support your angle measure.

I don't understand how to solve this problem, help?
The math club at Tucson High designed a pennant for the school team. The pennant was in the shape of an isosceles triangle. Two points, P and Q, are located so that AC = AP = PQ = QB. Find the measure of angle B. You must show
calculations to support your angle measure.

What are the points [imath]A[/imath], [imath]B[/imath], and [imath]C[/imath]?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so that we can see where things are going sideways. ("Read Before Posting")

I suspect you may have been given a diagram similar to this...
P1.png
Yes?

If so, then you should see that the pink, green & blue triangles are all isosceles too.

P2.png
If you then label the internal vertices (I have used the letters \(\displaystyle r\) to \(\displaystyle z\)) something like this...
P3.png
... then you can start to form equations like: [math]r+s+t=180\\u+v+w=180\\x+y+z=180\\and, of course,\\r+y+z=180\\note also that...\\x+v+t=180\\and\\s+u=180[/math]
You are tasked with finding the measure of \(\displaystyle \angle{r}\)

As you have isosceles triangles. the base angles are equal and (since for any triangle) any angle is 180 - the sum of the other two, you can also form equations like this...[math]r=180-(y+z)\\r=180-2y\\r=180=2z\\and, since\\s=180-2r\\then\\2r=180-s\\and so on[/math]
Please now come back and show us what equations you might use to solve for a value of \(\displaystyle r\).
Remember: you need two different equations to solve for two unknowns and three equations to solve for three unknowns; note that \(\displaystyle v=180-2u\) is just the same equation as \(\displaystyle 2u=180-v\) (it has just been rearranged
😉).

Hope that helps. 😊