very confusing graph

The values are parallel to the names. The horizontal lines are for science. Those slanting upwards to the right are for commerce. Those slanting upwards to the left are for arts.
If you know that 25% are in arts you are on the line slanting up to the left with 25% on the bottom.
The bottom point is for 75% commerce, 0% science.
The second point on that line is for 50% commerce, 25% science.
The third point on that line is for 25% commerce, 50% science.
The last point on that line is for 0% commerce, 75% science.
Notice that for any point in the triangle, they add up to 100%.

You didn't include the entire exercise in your graphic, but it appears that, before your graphic cuts off the text, the book was explaining the triangular grid. You might want to see what that says...?

Eliz.

ok.

thanks for the response.

i'll try to represent better way .....can you tell me , is it possible to upload the image in this forum itself ?

i dont see any "UPLOAD" image kind of option in the forum software.

i put it in imageshack .

Gene said:
The values are parallel to the names. The horizontal lines are for science. Those slanting upwards to the right are for commerce. Those slanting upwards to the left are for arts.
If you know that 25% are in arts you are on the line slanting up to the left with 25% on the bottom.
The bottom point is for 75% commerce, 0% science.
The second point on that line is for 50% commerce, 25% science.
The third point on that line is for 25% commerce, 50% science.
The last point on that line is for 0% commerce, 75% science.
Notice that for any point in the triangle, they add up to 100%.

Hi,

I am sorry , i still could not get you.

After reading your post , i am stuck here.

I am still not getting

science { // what data here ?}
arts { // what data here ? }
commerce { // what data here ?}

If you tell these data , then probabily i could understand how you are picking up the data for each courses .

Thank you for your response and time

As Stapel said, you have given neither data nor problems. I picked one line and made up data (25% arts) to try to show how the graph is read.
If you turn the page so that some other title (class) is horizontal there are four lines in the triangle that are parallel to it and represent the possible percentages of that class.
I can't think how to make it plainer. Maybe someone else can improve on it.