Volume of a sphere

Jakeboulter

I have a submitted answer on volume my feedback was that I have 1 number wrong. I have gone over it and over it and keep getting the same answer can anyone spot my mistake? Or is it the markers mistake?

Attachments

• 15825333945497210316183459193144.jpg
    15825333945497210316183459193144.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Your answers are correct to 2 decimal places. Did the question ask for 2 decimal places?

Your answers are correct to 2 decimal places. Did the question ask for 2 decimal places?
The question didn't specify. All it asked was the volume of a sphere with a 50mm diameter. I have rewritten it to contain all the decimal places as that was the only thing I could think off.

Was this graded by a human or a machine? Is there a human you can appeal to? Since we know you are correct, that's the only thing you can do besides moving on.

I suppose you could show us an image of the problem and of the response, just in case there is some detail you are misinterpreting.

The question didn't specify. All it asked was the volume of a sphere with a 50mm diameter. I have rewritten it to contain all the decimal places as that was the only thing I could think off.
Could you answer the question as a multiple of \(\displaystyle \pi \)?

Is there an instruction on the cover page of the exam regarding the number of dec places to use?

In that case, Jake, they probably expect exact answers (not decimal approximations).

Please see post #5.

?
This is true I have re submitted with all the decimal places. It didn't mention a multiple of pi and all the other answers were correct that weren't a multiple of pi so I will see what comes back.

This is true I have re submitted with all the decimal places. It didn't mention a multiple of pi and all the other answers were correct that weren't a multiple of pi so I will see what comes back.
I hope you are aware that you can't possibly submit "all the decimal places", because the answer is irrational. The best you can do is to show all the digits your particular calculator shows!

An "exact" answer would be an expression using pi: [MATH]\frac{62500\pi}{3}[/MATH]

I hope you are aware that you can't possibly submit "all the decimal places", because the answer is irrational. The best you can do is to show all the digits your particular calculator shows!

An "exact" answer would be an expression using pi: [MATH]\frac{62500\pi}{3}[/MATH]
Yes that's what I ment by 'all' all the decimal places shown on the calculator. I did think about using an expression of pi but my feedback was I had 1 number wrong so I went with the decimal answer.

That's what I figured.

I am curious, though, about saying you had one number wrong. Isn't the answer just one number? Or is it that you weren't told which problem's answer was wrong? (I hope they wouldn't do what kids often do and say "number" when they meant "one digit is wrong".) That's part of the reason I asked if you could show us the actual problem, your answer, and the response, in case that would help us interpret the response.

But hopefully we'll be finding out anyway.

That's what I figured.

I am curious, though, about saying you had one number wrong. Isn't the answer just one number? Or is it that you weren't told which problem's answer was wrong? (I hope they wouldn't do what kids often do and say "number" when they meant "one digit is wrong".) That's part of the reason I asked if you could show us the actual problem, your answer, and the response, in case that would help us interpret the response.

But hopefully we'll be finding out anyway.
It turns out with this problem I was incorrect to round to 2 decimal places.