volume of one block and the volume of the box

ragleye

How do you find the volume of a box if you know the volume of one block?

How do you find the volume of a box if you know the volume of one block?
How many blocks are there in a box? Please post the ENTIRE problem - exactly as it is given to you.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

Assuming the blocks completely fill up the container then you would simply compute the volume of each block and add them together.

if they are identical blocks, then compute the volume of one block and multiply by the number of blocks.

Assuming the blocks completely fill up the container then you would simply compute the volume of each block and add them together.

if they are identical blocks, then compute the volume of one block and multiply by the number of blocks.
I’m afraid your suggestion isn’t particularly helpful, @Al-Layth.

@ragleye's post is analogous to “How long is a piece of string?” whilst your own is reminiscent of the old joke about three starving academics (a Physicist, a Chemist & an Economist) stranded on a desert island with a tin of food they desperately need to open.

The Chemist suggests that she has seen a plant that has a very acidic sap; they could smear that around the rim and it would corrode the lid so they could force it off.
“No,” says the Physicist, “the acid would poison the food and we couldn’t eat it but, if we build a fire and heat the tin, the pressure inside will build and blow the lid off.”
“Maybe,” says the Chemist, “but when the can explodes the food will go everywhere and be lost!”

Perplexed, both turn to the Economist who, supremely confidently, announces: “I don’t know what all the fuss is about, Guys, we just assume we have a can opener.”
?

I’m afraid your suggestion isn’t particularly helpful, @Al-Layth.

@ragleye's post is analogous to “How long is a piece of string?” whilst your own is reminiscent of the old joke about three starving academics (a Physicist, a Chemist & an Economist) stranded on a desert island with a tin of food they desperately need to open.

The Chemist suggests that she has seen a plant that has a very acidic sap; they could smear that around the rim and it would corrode the lid so they could force it off.
“No,” says the Physicist, “the acid would poison the food and we couldn’t eat it but, if we build a fire and heat the tin, the pressure inside will build and blow the lid off.”
“Maybe,” says the Chemist, “but when the can explodes the food will go everywhere and be lost!”

Perplexed, both turn to the Economist who, supremely confidently, announces: “I don’t know what all the fuss is about, Guys, we just assume we have a can opener.”
?
However, Mathematicians won every Econ Noble prize ever announced.