What 0.1 kg precision ??

GAUTAMAMRIT24

I have been asked to give the answer in 0.1 kg precision . How to wirte my answer..??? I have found the answer which is 6 kg but what this precision is ??? Could anybody help me.

I have been asked to give the answer in 0.1 kg precision . How to wirte my answer..??? I have found the answer which is 6 kg but what this precision is ??? Could anybody help me.
Was your answer EXACTLY 6 kg? Or did you round it?

What you do to indicate 0.1 kg precision is to round to the nearest 0.1 kg. Thus if exactly 6 kg you would answer 6.0 kg.

Was your answer EXACTLY 6 kg? Or did you round it?

What you do to indicate 0.1 kg precision is to round to the nearest 0.1 kg. Thus if exactly 6 kg you would answer 6.0 kg.

I GOT 6.667 kg answer.What will be its 0.1 kg precision...???

I GOT 6.667 kg answer.What will be its 0.1 kg precision...???
The why in the world did you say, before, that you got "6 kg"? Even to the nearest kg, that answer would be 7 kg. To "0.1 kg precision" you would round to "tenths of a kg". What do you get when you do that?

I still cannot get to the point... Is precision means to just to round off the values.
No. Precision means that you have rounded to the smallest value that you are sure of. When you measure you almost certainly made some small mistake because your measuring devices are never perfect and neither are you. So you got from your experiment or measurement an answer of 6.667 kg, but saying that you have precision to 0.1 kg means that you should say 6.7 kg because your measuring devices do not really give reliable answers past 10ths of a kilogram. So what that means is that you are saying that the answer is closer to 6.7 kilograms than to 6.6 kilograms or 6.8 kilograms. Make sense now? You are indicating both what the answer is approximately and to what degree you think that approximation is reliable. It is not off by as much as a tenth of kilogram.