When a unique solution is achieved for a matrix A (of unknown coefficients) that have infinite solutions and optimization of trace(A) s.t. rowsum 1

zeeshas901

Hello!
I am new here, and I need urgent help regarding the following question.

I am copying the link from "mathoverflow" forum below so that the question would be readable for you (with appropriate notations):

I have posted that question on other forums as well, but no reply is received yet. I am hoping to receive a prompt response here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello!
I am new here, and I need urgent help regarding the following question.

I am copying the link from "mathoverflow" forum below so that the question would be readable for you (with appropriate notations):

I have posted that question on other forums as well, but no reply is received yet. I am hoping to receive a prompt response here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

In my opinion you have not received a response from other forum might be that they do not understand your question.

What does it mean to have a unique solution to a matrix? Then you say this matrix(??) has an infinite number of solution.

To be honest, I personally do not understand your question. Please try again, along with your attempt to solve it..