Where am I wrong?

guillek6

Hi there, can I get some help with this problem?

S is a Solid delimited by x=0, z=0, z=4-y^2, x+z=4 I am required to calculate its mass when density equals proportionally to the distance to the xy plane.

So here its my resolution, but the triple integral does not get me a clear result. So my doubt is if I am doing wrong the extremes of integration or my density formula

Thanks!

I do not know the difference between a type question or thread so move my post if it is in the wrong section.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 4
S is a Solid delimited by x=0, z=0, z=4-y^2, x+z=4 I am required to calculate its mass when density equals proportionally to the distance to the xy plane.

So here is my resolution, but the triple integral does not get me a clear result. So my doubt is if I am doing wrong the extremes of integration or my density formula

I do not know the difference between a type question or thread so move my post if it is in the wrong section.

Your limits of integration can't be right; if you integrate with respect to z first, then z can't appear in the outer integrals. The outermost limits should be numbers.

Give it another try, and show us your new integral without doing the integration yet.

You put the question in just the right place.

Your limits of integration can't be right; if you integrate with respect to z first, then z can't appear in the outer integrals. The outermost limits should be numbers.

Give it another try, and show us your new integral without doing the integration yet.

You put the question in just the right place.
Thank you very much!!! I guess it's done, this is how I solved, if I had some miscalculation let me know. The result is 1024/35 ro

Attachments

• ty.jpg
    ty.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 2