Writing the Alternative an null hypothesis in mathematical format

elquicko

[h=2]The height from the general population of adult American males form a normal distribution with a m = 70 and s = 4 (inches). Studies have shown that malnutritionin childhood has an impact on adult height. Using data from a cohort study, a researcher obtained a sample of n = 100men who experienced malnutrition in childhood. The average height for this sample was [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]= 68. Does this data indicate that malnutrition in childhood has a significant effect on adultheight? Test with alpha=.05.

I expressed the null hypothesis as : Malnutrition does not have a significant effect on adult height and

alternative hypothesis: Malnutrition does have a significant effect on adult height

I wrote the null as:
m = 70

[/h][h=2]and the alternative as m= 68

any advice? Before I calculate the z statistic? Thank you.
[/h]

[h=2]Measures of height from the general population of adultmales in the United States form a normal distribution with a m = 70 and s = 4 (inches). Epidemiological studies have shown that malnutritionin childhood has an impact on adult height. Using data from a cohort study, a researcher obtained a sample of n = 100men who experienced malnutrition in childhood. The average height for this sample was [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]= 68. Dothese data indicate that malnutrition in childhood has a significant effect on adultheight? Test with alpha=.05.

In Words:
I stated the null hypothesis as : Malnutrition does not have a significant effect on height.

Alternative hypothesis: Malnutrition does have a significant effect on height.

In mathematical format:
[/h][h=2] Null Hypothesis: m = 70

[/h][h=2]Alternative Hypothesis m =/= 70 but I am unsure if it is m = 68.[/h][h=2]
Any help before I calculate the z statistic? Please.
[/h][h=2]
[/h]