how long should it take him to paint a wall that measures 16 feet by 18 feet?

units for r of work = hours
units for amount of work feet^2
I get f^2 * hours.
So do you see a problem with your equation of t=rate of work * amount of work???? And/or maybe you answered my questions incorrectly?

Rate is always a division comparing two quantities. Rate of 3 walls per hour, rate of 3ft per hour, rate of 1.5 pages per hour, rate of $25 per hour, ...

What is my rate of work as a painter? My rate is 25ft^2 per hour. Do you get this????

So do you see a problem with your equation of t=rate of work * amount of work???? And/or maybe you answered my questions incorrectly?
I am answering what lev asked. I will see to your question , Mr Jomo, when I am done with Mr lev. It is better if I follow only one direction and then answer/follow any other helper's hint. Otherwise, it can be confusing.

I am answering what lev asked. I will see to your question , Mr Jomo, when I am done with Mr lev. It is better if I follow only one direction and then answer/follow any other helper's hint. Otherwise, it can be confusing.
Yes, you answered lev's question. Very good. I am responding to your answer to lev's question.

You say that t=rate of work * amount of work. The problem is that the left hand side of your equation is a unit of time, while the right hand side has units according to your response to my question is ft^2 * hours. Do you see that hrs does not equal ft^2 * hours?

So either your formula is wrong and/or the units you quoted in response to my questions are wrong.

Yes, you answered lev's question. Very good. I am responding to your answer to lev's question.

You say that t=rate of work * amount of work. The problem is that the left hand side of your equation is a unit of time, while the right hand side has units according to your response to my question is ft^2 * hours. Do you see that hrs does not equal ft^2 * hours?

So either your formula is wrong and/or the units you quoted in response to my questions are wrong.
the painter's rate is problem is 1 ft^2 = 1/80 hrs

Let's forget about units for now. If R=W/T, then what is T?
In the problem they say that the first wall takes him 3 hrs to paint.
So, let's say that is t for the first wall.
t=3 hrs
I am trying to find t for the other wall, so,
t=?
I can say t1= 3hrs
t2=?

t=3 hrs
t=?
I can say t1= 3hrs
t2=?
Let's keep to this, please. I feel i am going somewhere now.

t=3 hrs
t=?
I can say t1= 3hrs
t2=?
I'm only talking about the formula now. Given that formula you should be able to express any of the 3 symbols through the other 2. Can you do it?

I have to find how long will it take him to paint the additional 48 ft².
48ft² is the result of subtracting the area of the second wall from the area of the first.
288 -240= 48 ft²