Roll 5 standard 6-sided dice; multiply face numbers. Find probability that result is composite number.

grif283

1. If I roll 5 standard 6-sided dice and multiply the number on the face of each die, what is the probability that the result is a composite number?

2. Two distinct numbers are selected simultaneously and at random from the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5}. What is the probability that the smaller one divides the larger one? Express your answer as a common fraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. If I roll 5 standard 6-sided dice and multiply the number on the face of each die, what is the probability that the result is a composite number?

2. Two distinct numbers are selected simultaneously and at random from the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5}. What is the probability that the smaller one divides the larger one? Express your answer as a common fraction.
First: Did you read the posting guidelines? If you did where is the work that you have tried? If we see your work we can better help you.

Now: Do you mean that the five face numbers are multiplied together?
Like \(\displaystyle 1\cdot 1\cdot 1\cdot 1\cdot 5=5\) or \(\displaystyle 1\cdot 6\cdot 3\cdot 1\cdot 5=90\)

First: Did you read the posting guidelines? If you did where is the work that you have tried? If we see your work we can better help you.

Now: Do you mean that the five face numbers are multiplied together?
Like \(\displaystyle 1\cdot 1\cdot 1\cdot 1\cdot 5=5\) or \(\displaystyle 1\cdot 6\cdot 3\cdot 1\cdot 5=90\)
yup

That's a hint...