Soroban...WHERE ARE YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathdad

Soroban, where are you? Does anyone know what happened to him?

Soroban hasn't been seen for a few years now. As he was scaling back the number of posts he constributed to I'm assuming he simply "retired" from the Forums.

-Dan

Soroban hasn't been seen for a few years now. As he was scaling back the number of posts he constributed to I'm assuming he simply "retired" from the Forums.

-Dan

He is greatly missed. According to Soroban, he was 75 back in 2006 when I first met him at FMH. I hope he is still with us (on earth)....

I don't know anything about Soroban's postings at other sites, but he chose to leave the freemathhelp forum rather than agree to stop doing student's homework here. (He even advertised to students that he would do their homework.) We gave him ample opportunity to provide tutoring, instead, but he wasn't interested. Eventually, moderators began editing or deleting his posts. He stopped posting here sometime after that.

\(\;\)

I don't know anything about Soroban's postings at other sites, but he chose to leave the freemathhelp forum rather than agree to stop doing student's homework here. (He even advertised to students that he would do their homework.) We gave him ample opportunity to provide tutoring, instead, but he wasn't interested. Eventually, moderators began editing or deleting his posts. He stopped posting here sometime after that.

\(\;\)
Thank you, for that bit of information. I had many a confrontation with him over that issue.

I don't know anything about Soroban's postings at other sites, but he chose to leave the freemathhelp forum rather than agree to stop doing student's homework here. (He even advertised to students that he would do their homework.) We gave him ample opportunity to provide tutoring, but he wasn't interested. Eventually, moderators began editing or deleting his posts. He stopped posting here sometime after that.

\(\;\)

Soroban was a great help to me back in 2006. He is a nice person, a retired math professor.

Thank you, for that bit of information. I had many a confrontation with him over that issue.

Why on earth would you or anyone else here confront Soroban? He is one of the nicest, smartest retired math professors I have ever met. I wish him the best of the very best. Thank you, SOROBAN, for helping me with geometry in 2006.

\(\;\)
I didn't call him on it but he was doing that over at MHF as well.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.