Mathdad

topsquark

Looks like he's still trying to create that problem bank he's been told is not going to happen. He seems to be posting questions that are below his level again.

-Dan

@mathdad - Here is some advice I would give you to help you succeed in the online forum environment. It is meant constructively, and not in a negative way, at all.

My advice about posting, which I gave and was acknowledged, but then almost immediately ignored would be to post one question of a particular type when help is needed. Then take that help and attempt to apply it to problems that are nearly identical first before posting them. It is somewhat redundant to post a series of problems that differ only in the parameters, because the underlying math, method for solving is identical. This will allow you to spend more precious time learning math rather than typing up problems.

Respond to constructive criticism constructively. If someone posts something you feel is insulting, your best bet is to just ignore it, and not argue back. If someone points out a mistake, accept it, learn from it, and move forward. Of course, if you feel someone has responded to you in a way that you feel breaks the rules, you are free to report the post...then if staff feels action should be taken, it can be done privately, and you don't wind up wasting your time arguing with someone.

There is no need to continuously post plans for posting when these plans change from one day to the next. It's fine to occasionally talk about your plans, but people kind of expect that to be what happens. There is also no need to post to say you are going to post a solution later. Just post your solution later. I have told you many times when you bump threads like this, it wastes the time of those providing help. we see a thread with a new reply, and we follow the link, only to find a post saying you are going to post later. After a while, people get annoyed and may begin just ignoring your threads altogether.

There is no need to post about the hardships of life, when used as an attempt to excuse mistakes. We all make mistakes, and we all have our own issues in life. It comes off like the kid who wants a do-over because the sun was in his eyes. People become annoyed with this, especially from an adult.

I really hope you think about what I've posted, and what others have posted as advice, and make some changes to your posting habits. We all have a desire for you to progress in your journey, and I bet most of us admire your desire to learn math by way of self-study. I know I do...I wish you the best, my friend. :)

@mathdad - Here is some advice I would give you to help you succeed in the online forum environment. It is meant constructively, and not in a negative way, at all.

My advice about posting, which I gave and was acknowledged, but then almost immediately ignored would be to post one question of a particular type when help is needed. Then take that help and attempt to apply it to problems that are nearly identical first before posting them. It is somewhat redundant to post a series of problems that differ only in the parameters, because the underlying math, method for solving is identical. This will allow you to spend more precious time learning math rather than typing up problems.

Respond to constructive criticism constructively. If someone posts something you feel is insulting, your best bet is to just ignore it, and not argue back. If someone points out a mistake, accept it, learn from it, and move forward. Of course, if you feel someone has responded to you in a way that you feel breaks the rules, you are free to report the post...then if staff feels action should be taken, it can be done privately, and you don't wind up wasting your time arguing with someone.

There is no need to continuously post plans for posting when these plans change from one day to the next. It's fine to occasionally talk about your plans, but people kind of expect that to be what happens. There is also no need to post to say you are going to post a solution later. Just post your solution later. I have told you many times when you bump threads like this, it wastes the time of those providing help. we see a thread with a new reply, and we follow the link, only to find a post saying you are going to post later. After a while, people get annoyed and may begin just ignoring your threads altogether.

There is no need to post about the hardships of life, when used as an attempt to excuse mistakes. We all make mistakes, and we all have our own issues in life. It comes off like the kid who wants a do-over because the sun was in his eyes. People become annoyed with this, especially from an adult.

I really hope you think about what I've posted, and what others have posted as advice, and make some changes to your posting habits. We all have a desire for you to progress in your journey, and I bet most of us admire your desire to learn math by way of self-study. I know I do...I wish you the best, my friend. :)

I agree and totally understand your message here. I have been overloading my brain with mathematics at a level that should not be rushed through. I like your idea. Post one question only. Then go back to the Sullivan textbook to work out similar questions.

I should also answer ALL SIMILAR questions per section. What is the big rush? Mark, it is called anxiety. It is important for me to make known that I have been struggling with anxiety all my life. When I develop interest in something, including the Bible, I go BANANAS. I seem to lack self-control in many areas in my life not just numbers.