URGENT NEED OF HELP

mira222

Two circles meet at A and B. A chord CD of one circle is produced to meet the other circle at E and F so that CDEF is a straight line, as shown. The common chord AB is produced to meet the line CF at a point M between D and E. If M is the midpoint of CF and angle CAF=90 degrees, prove that AC//BD and AF//BE are parallel.

Two circles meet at A and B. A chord CD of one circle is produced to meet the other circle at E and F so that CDEF is a straight line, as shown. The common chord AB is produced to meet the line CF at a point M between D and E. If M is the midpoint of CF and angle CAF=90 degrees, prove that AC//BD and AF//BE are parallel.
Hint: Draw a sketch of the "situation" as described.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum as enunciated at:

794f2a05ac3945e47fa03ba5d51d2347.svg

794f2a05ac3945e47fa03ba5d51d2347.svg
What have you been taught about lengths of intersecting chords of circles?

Please share your thoughts/work about this problem - so that we know where to begin to help you.

I have only learn basic geometry, but please I am very confused on this problem

Please do a google search with keywords - "intersecting chords of circles" - and tell us what you found?

If this problem was assigned in your course, then there is probably a method to solve it within that course. What have you learned in the course? That will help us think of alternative ideas.

If it is outside of a course (e.g. a contest problem or an admission test), then it tells you that you need to learn more geometry in order to do what is expected. Can you tell us about the context (as we ask you to do)?

Now, I think I already told someone else what I would do with this same problem. Draw in segments CA and AF, and think about the fact that CAF is a right triangle. Then the facts about intersecting chords or secants can be used; or perhaps something else that you have learned could take the place of those theorems. (But the theorems are very much worth learning!)

I got the solution
You can use Intersecting Secant Theorem