Tournament Stations

Epen

Hey everyone,

First, apologies if I'm not using the right forum for this one, I wasn't sure where it fell and this felt the best. Anyways, assuming it's possible, I'm trying to figure out an equation that would tell me how many stations would be required to complete a double elimination tournament between x amount of teams within 24 hours, if each match takes 2 hours to play. My goal is to be able to plug a number into x and then solve for the amount of stations needed.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks,
Evan

Hey everyone,

First, apologies if I'm not using the right forum for this one, I wasn't sure where it fell and this felt the best. Anyways, assuming it's possible, I'm trying to figure out an equation that would tell me how many stations would be required to complete a double elimination tournament between x amount of teams within 24 hours, if each match takes 2 hours to play. My goal is to be able to plug a number into x and then solve for the amount of stations needed.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks,
Evan
Can you calculate:

How many games need to be played in a complete "double elimination" tournament?