In observing a Tetrahedron.....

gillsimo

Is it already well established that in a regular tetrahedron;

Any two opposing edges are segments of the two strands of a double helix.

That, there being three sets of two opposing edges, the other two sets are also likewise.

That a tetrahedron is the geometric structure formed where three double helixes, one in/from each of the dimensions, meet.

It's taken almost 20yrs of mental meditation for me, personally, to see this simple truth but I find it implausible that I've seen something novel?

Thank you
Gill

… I find it implausible that I've seen something novel?
Hello Gill. That looks like a rhetorical question. Are you trying to solicit commentary about the topic in general, or are you looking for something specific? Cheers

\(\;\)

Hi, thanks for responding.
I must admit that I had to Google rhetorical question but having done so then no....I'm not asking a question expecting no answer, nor am I asking a question with an obvious answer...well, not obvious to myself at least.
I have, after many years of application, come to observe that the above statements re a tetrahedron are apparently fact.
That said, I'm in no way confident that my 20yr quest to reach this observation is anything more than a wasted effort....that I've put an immense effort into discovering something for myself that I could have discovered was already very well known, in a few seconds, simply by a Google search....20yrs ago!
I've since attempted an online search of course but I've found nothing at all that relates. However, that is just as likely due to my inability to conduct a search effectively as it might be due to there actually being no info on the matter.
Thus I'm asking the question here, hoping to receive a simple `yes`...it's already observed, or `no`....what on Earth are you talking about Gill?
Logic must suggest it to be the former of the two, that all possible observations of a tetrahedron have long since been made....the illogical suggests that perhaps my efforts haven't been wasted....that perhaps this particular observation requires 20yrs worth of mental digging before it can be unearthed?
Torn between the both by way of my own ignorance, then I'd really appreciate the straight answer to the question in order to settle my sanity, so to speak.
Thanks/Gill

The edges of a tetrahedron are straight lines. A helix whether double or not is a curve. So the answer is that you are obviously wrong.