Math Videos

Steven G

Elite Member
I am wondering what you think about math videos being online.
I'll start off by saying that Subhotosh Khan's videos are the best!
I have mixed feelings about videos being online.
Some videos online are just terrible.
Students run to view videos instead of trying to think how to do math on their own.
Students who need extra help can actually benefit from good math videos.
etc etc etc...

It sounds like your describing Math tutorials in the form of videos. In either writing or video form I do like the concept! Where can I find Subhotosh Khan's videos?

I am wondering what you think about math videos being online.
I'll start off by saying that Subhotosh Khan's videos are the best!
I have mixed feelings about videos being online.
Some videos online are just terrible.
Students run to view videos instead of trying to think how to do math on their own.
Students who need extra help can actually benefit from good math videos.
etc etc etc...
I am greatly impressed with the "redpen/bluepen" series on youtube. That is for advanced topics done by a graduate student at Berkeley.
But in general I am opposed to online courses. In fact that is why I am fully retired. After leaving the chairs position, I taught one or two upper division/graduate courses. But when these courses were only offered online, I quit.

I am greatly impressed with the "redpen/bluepen" series on youtube. That is for advanced topics done by a graduate student at Berkeley.
But in general I am opposed to online courses. In fact that is why I am fully retired. After leaving the chairs position, I taught one or two upper division/graduate courses. But when these courses were only offered online, I quit.
I too like redpen/bluepen!

Check out Eddie Woo's wootube videos. He's a bit of a sensation in Australia at the moment.