HELP NEEDED. What is the result?

Rotokolo

I’m struggeling, with the result of this limit. Especially “cos(x)^3”. Can someone explain what does it mean? According to my professor it means cos^3(x), she is basically saying that cos(x)^3 = cos^3(x). I don’t think that it’s correct assumption. Can someone explain conventions of using paranthesis in this case. Thank you so much!!

NOTE: I know the calculus, I know how to use powered cos, sin etc. and I know that cos^3(x) is different from cos(x^3).

Attachments

• 493AFEBC-A5EC-4EC3-92D8-2982DC2BF320.jpeg
    493AFEBC-A5EC-4EC3-92D8-2982DC2BF320.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I’m struggeling, with the result of this limit. Especially “cos(x)^3”. Can someone explain what does it mean? According to my professor it means cos^3(x), she is basically saying that cos(x)^3 = cos^3(x). I don’t think that it’s correct assumption. Can someone explain conventions of using paranthesis in this case.
It is just a difference in notation. \(\displaystyle \sin^4(x)\) is the common notation for the fourth power of the sine function evaluated at \(\displaystyle x\).
However, some authors will write that as \(\displaystyle \sin(x)^4\) or more clearly as \(\displaystyle (\sin(x))^4=[\sin(x)]^4=\{\sin(x)\}^4\). Just a difference in notation.

It is just a difference in notation. \(\displaystyle \sin^4(x)\) is the common notation for the fourth power of the sine function evaluated at \(\displaystyle x\).
However, some authors will write that as \(\displaystyle \sin(x)^4\) or more clearly as \(\displaystyle (\sin(x))^4=[\sin(x)]^4=\{\sin(x)\}^4\). Just a difference in notation.
Thank you so much for your explanation! Appriciate it. You helped a lot