Simplify an expression ?? Not sure how to solve this problem please help

RDR1111

I’m really trying to understand “how” to figure this out and it’s so confusing I won’t learn how if I just use a calculator or look up the answer on google i was racking my brain for hours last night and my girlfriend suggested I ask for help online et voila here I am please help anyone out there this is so important to me I need to get my degree even just to get a job as an usher haha and I’m late in the game but I’m trying not to fail

Thanks

Here’s the equation

simplify

5t - {7t -[5r - 2(t - 8)] + 6r} - 5r = ____

Thank you out there!!

Joe

Hi. Can we please see your work so that a helper will know exactly what you need help with? A helper will also point out why your mistakes are wrong.
I would first try to figure out what is inside [ ]. Then subtract that from 7r and then add 6r. At that point you would have what is in { }.
I would the compute 5t - { } and then subtract 5r from that.
Give it a try and post your work.

\(5t - \{7t -[5r - 2(t - 8)] + 6r\} - 5r \)
\(5t - \{7t -[5r - 2t +16] + 6r\} - 5r \)
\(5t - \{7t -5r + 2t -16 + 6r\} - 5r \)
\(5t - 7t +5r - 2t +16 - 6r - 5r \)
-6r-4t+16
-2(3r+2t-8) SEE HERE

\(5t - \{7t -[5r - 2(t - 8)] + 6r\} - 5r \)
\(5t - \{7t -[5r - 2t +16] + 6r\} - 5r \)
\(5t - \{7t -5r + 2t -16 + 6r\} - 5r \)
\(5t - 7t +5r - 2t +16 - 6r - 5r \)
-6r-4t+16
-2(3r+2t-8) SEE HERE
pka, what happened to "teaching by discovery" method?

pka, what happened to "teaching by discovery" method?
Let me first say that I am the product of six years of intensive teaching using the Moore Method.
I absolutely believe in its use. But I also think it is important to when to use it and when not to.
It is necessary to get the train on the tracks to go anywhere.

Let me first say that I am the product of six years of intensive teaching using the Moore Method.
I absolutely believe in its use. But I also think it is important to when to use it and when not to.
It is necessary to get the train on the tracks to go anywhere.
Yes - but Jomo provided detailed path to the solution and the OP did not show ANY effort!

Train was only 4 hrs. late ......