Hard 3D Trig Problem

chiara__

Hi! I've been having a lot of trouble with this question from my homework and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me get on the right track... I've been stuck for like 2 hours!

I've tried working it out with the 30-60-90 and 45-45-90 triangle formulas but I can't seem to get it right...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 4.24.30 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 4.24.30 pm.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi! I've been having a lot of trouble with this question from my homework and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me get on the right track... I've been stuck for like 2 hours!

I've tried working it out with the 30-60-90 and 45-45-90 triangle formulas but I can't seem to get it right...

To be able to find the measure of the angle SQU, you may need to solve for the sides of SQU.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

1595749797758.png

Beer soaked hint follows.

It's really not that hard; you merely have to apply the definitions for the sine and cosine.
Let's say
h = US = TR, c = PS = QR, d = QS

What are sin 45° and sin 60°?
Plug and chug.
What is sin Theta?
Again, just plug and chug.

It's really not that hard; you merely have to apply the definitions for the sine and cosine.
Let's say

Plug and chug.
What is sin Theta?
Stop chugging ....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let's say

Plug and chug.
What is sin Theta?
Thank you so much! This really helped. I think I finally got to the answer. The problem was that I was overcomplicating it, trying to use the 30-60-90 triangle rules instead of just the basics.