Need Help- Urgent

wvgewgeg

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 7.44.26 AM.png

Please also solve this :

Let f(x), g(x) and h(x) be the functions from Problem A.1. Find the derivative λ0(x) of the following function with respect to x:

λ(x) = f(x) · g(x) + f(x) · h(x) − g(x) · h(x)

Note: here problem A.1 is the upper problem.

Please solve both the problem.​

View attachment 29814

Please also solve this :

Let f(x), g(x) and h(x) be the functions from Problem A.1. Find the derivative λ0(x) of the following function with respect to x:

λ(x) = f(x) · g(x) + f(x) · h(x) − g(x) · h(x)

Note: here problem A.1 is the upper problem.

Please solve both the problem.​
Post one problem per thread

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

1637436307150.png

To wvgewgeg. You need to learn the vocabulary of mathematics. You state that in what you posted there are three line segments Please read that link. There are just two line segments posted and part of a circle. As you will learn from the link, a line segment is a point set in which any two points of the line must include all points between the two points. That cannot happen on a circle.

To wvgewgeg. You need to learn the vocabulary of mathematics. You state that in what you posted there are three line segments Please read that link. There are just two line segments posted and part of a circle. As you will learn from the link, a line segment is a point set in which any two points of the line must include all points between the two points. That cannot happen on a circle.
Oddly enough, that is part of the problem he is quoting, not something he wrote.

So my guess is that this source is using "line" in the broad sense, to mean "curve", not as a "straight line" (where the adjective narrows the meaning from a hypothetical broader meaning, though we often omit it). That's not standard in my experience, but I can imagine it being used somewhere. We do sometimes talk about "curved lines", though not usually in math!

They are either teaching a different vocabulary, or misusing words without realizing it. But wvgewgeg himself is not using any vocabulary, since he has not yet said anything except to quote problems he wants us to solve for him.

Oddly enough, that is part of the problem he is quoting, not something he wrote.

So my guess is that this source is using "line" in the broad sense, to mean "curve", not as a "straight line" (where the adjective narrows the meaning from a hypothetical broader meaning, though we often omit it). That's not standard in my experience, but I can imagine it being used somewhere. We do sometimes talk about "curved lines", though not usually in math!

They are either teaching a different vocabulary, or misusing words without realizing it. But wvgewgeg himself is not using any vocabulary, since he has not yet said anything except to quote problems he wants us to solve for him.
It's not like that, actually, I mentioned earlier why I am here asking for help to solve it!

Let me state this again,
If you can solve this I will very grateful to you and learn more.

I am not an expert but I believe understanding examples and performing them to new problems empowers you to solve problems faster and accurately and that is why I am requesting this sir.

That's why I am saying in the big problem, I did solve 3 but I am unable to solve the other 3, if you can solve it, I will use it as a reference and solve more problems, that is the reason I said step by step.

I am just going to use your answer as a reference with all due respect for solving the relevant questions as there are no examples in the book for this type of problem.

It will empower me to learn, I know you might be thinking why should you solve the entire problem, but please try to understand I want to use the platform for good and just this time if you grant an exception for one single time, It can really empower me for future and board (biggest exam in my home country) by studying your answers.

That is my very very humble and begging request. Please?

When I was graduate student in math I was given an assignment with 10 problems.

I did 9 on my own with some of them taking a week before I saw how to do the problem.

I recall seeing the solution (proof) for the 10th problem in a book that I had, I read the solution and understood it completely. It was probably the easiest problem of the 10.

The day the assignment was due I realized that I left my assignment at home. I thought no big deal, I'll just write up the solutions again. I was able to recall 9 out of the 10 solutions. That 10th problem was the one I got from my book.

After that, I never took any shortcuts again. I will never forget that incident.

When I was graduate student in math I was given an assignment with 10 problems.

I did 9 on my own with some of them taking a week before I saw how to do the problem.

I recall seeing the solution (proof) for the 10th problem in a book that I had, I read the solution and understood it completely. It was probably the easiest problem of the 10.

The day the assignment was due I realized that I left my assignment at home. I thought no big deal, I'll just write up the solutions again. I was able to recall 9 out of the 10 solutions. That 10th problem was the one I got from my book.

After that, I never took any shortcuts again. I will never forget that incident.

Imagine; you don't know how to solve the 10'th problem and if you don't answer it your educational carrier is over, you don't private tutor but neither you want to cheat as you didn't.

you look for the examples in the book got 5 of them but can't get the last three, you are a junior trying to learn and complete i. higher.

You took a similar not exact copy of the problem and post it here, and ask if they can solve it so, you use the reference to learn, how to solve this type of problem and do the problem by your own.

I am a junior, and the problems are indeed challenging for me but I want to do it, I am so close but due to lack of tutors and additional books you can't solve it.

Here as you are a senior and you even state you graduated, you have very high experience than me.

When you will explain in step by step, I am gonna follow it and solve the problem here.

Sir, I respect you and your platform, I know it may be not right but I am not misusing it.

Please try to understand, I beg to provide a solution, I can use this to solve the other 5 similar graph problems in the exercise of the math book.

Beer induced opinion follows.
Imagine; you don't know how to solve the 10'th problem and if you don't answer it your educational carrier is over, you don't private tutor but neither you want to cheat as you didn't.

you look for the examples in the book got 5 of them but can't get the last three, you are a junior trying to learn and complete i. higher.

You took a similar not exact copy of the problem and post it here, and ask if they can solve it so, you use the reference to learn, how to solve this type of problem and do the problem by your own.

I am a junior, and the problems are indeed challenging for me but I want to do it, I am so close but due to lack of tutors and additional books you can't solve it.

Here as you are a senior and you even state you graduated, you have very high experience than me.

When you will explain in step by step, I am gonna follow it and solve the problem here.

Sir, I respect you and your platform, I know it may be not right but I am not misusing it.

Please try to understand, I beg to provide a solution, I can use this to solve the other 5 similar graph problems in the exercise of the math book.
What is the truth but a story believed.
More likely a fiction.

Last edited:
It's not like that, actually, I mentioned earlier why I am here asking for help to solve it!

Let me state this again,
If you can solve this I will very grateful to you and learn more.

I am not an expert but I believe understanding examples and performing them to new problems empowers you to solve problems faster and accurately and that is why I am requesting this sir.

That's why I am saying in the big problem, I did solve 3 but I am unable to solve the other 3, if you can solve it, I will use it as a reference and solve more problems, that is the reason I said step by step.

I am just going to use your answer as a reference with all due respect for solving the relevant questions as there are no examples in the book for this type of problem.

It will empower me to learn, I know you might be thinking why should you solve the entire problem, but please try to understand I want to use the platform for good and just this time if you grant an exception for one single time, It can really empower me for future and board (biggest exam in my home country) by studying your answers.

That is my very very humble and begging request. Please?
If the problem is that you can't move forward without private tutors, maybe you need to reconsider some of your choices.

Reactions: pka
Let us ASSUME that the "dark" ( ☻) Points have integer co-ordinates and let us name those A, B, C & D (from left to right). So the co-ordinates of those points are: A (2 , 0), B (4 , 2), C (8 , 2) and D (10 , 4).

Assume each unit distance on x-axis and on y-axis is 1 foot.

What is the length of the line segment AB?

What is the length of the line segment CD?