3D Points

MarkRaz2

Hi,this sentence below is out of my math book
what representation of points are these? why is there an = sign and a number after it?
any ideas thanks
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1664058282215.png

Hi,this sentence below is out of my math book
what representation of points are these? why is there an = sign and a number after it?
any ideas thanks
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 34137
I have no idea. Can you tell us the context of this sentence -- at least the topic of the section, or, even better, an image of the page?

I have no idea. Can you tell us the context of this sentence -- at least the topic of the section, or, even better, an image of the page?
Thanks Dr.
here is the link:

The sentence I posted is about a page down under "Linear Regression:"

thanks

here is the link
Hello. That link takes us back to Dr. Peterson's post (#2, in this thread).

Are you linking to your book because the text is online? Alternatively, you could attach a cell photo of what you're looking at. (Use the 'Insert Image' icon on the toolbar.) Or, you could simply type the relevant statements.

?
[imath]\;[/imath]

Hello. That link takes us back to Dr. Peterson's post (#2, in this thread).

Are you linking to your book because the text is online? Alternatively, you could attach a cell photo of what you're looking at. (Use the 'Insert Image' icon on the toolbar.) Or, you could simply type the relevant statements.

?
[imath]\;[/imath]

One of the reasons why students have trouble learning math and why they get discouraged is because of posts like this ^ and teachers who are condescending. It's despicable !!!

One of the reasons why students have trouble learning math and why they get discouraged is because of posts like this ^ and teachers who are condescending. It's despicable !!!
I can't imagine what you are offended by there. He is merely suggesting ways to give us what we asked for, because you apparently tried to provide a link to your source, but accidentally linked only to my request.

I suspect that you don't yet realize that the link didn't go where you intended it to! Please try again.

students have trouble learning math [and] get discouraged is because of [condescension]
I regret that you've misunderstood the issue: Your link is broken. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

?
[imath]\;[/imath]