5TH dimensional geometry

mefisto

Hello,
I am a total layman when it comes to math or geometry.
I was just wandering if someone out there could verify my question.
I am searching for pictures of a 5th dimensional orb or dome (of course I tried google images but I'm not quite sure these are depictions of what a 5 dimensional orb or dome looks like)
I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me if these pictures are 5th dimensional or not.
If you have a picture of a 5th dimensional dome, please share it with me.
Thanks
3c1f5fb9be181fe3e6cc78a602c982b6-gif.18156

Attachments

• 3c1f5fb9be181fe3e6cc78a602c982b6.gif
    3c1f5fb9be181fe3e6cc78a602c982b6.gif
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • 3c1f5fb9be181fe3e6cc78a602c982b6.gif
    3c1f5fb9be181fe3e6cc78a602c982b6.gif
    66 KB · Views: 10
Hello,
I am a total layman when it comes to math or geometry.
I was just wandering if someone out there could verify my question.
I am searching for pictures of a 5th dimensional orb or dome (of course I tried google images but I'm not quite sure these are depictions of what a 5 dimensional orb or dome looks like)
I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me if these pictures are 5th dimensional or not.
If you have a picture of a 5th dimensional dome, please share it with me.
Thanks
3c1f5fb9be181fe3e6cc78a602c982b6-gif.18156
The orb that you have posted is a 3-dimensional object.

Is that orb supposed to be made of rods of lengths A, B and C?

May be we need to understand your definition of "dimension". In general, we have 3-dimensions (length, width & height) - sometimes fourth-dimension added (time). How do you include 5th. dimensional object?

I do NOT know of any way of "simulating" a five-dimensional object in our 3-D space!

In regard to simulating a higher dimensional object in 3D space, here's an example:
When I was in college the 3D tic-tac-toe game was popular with my friends. It was a 4x4x4 cubical grid on which you tried to be the first to get 4 marbles in a straight line in any direction including diagonals. One of my friends decided to make a 4 dimensional game out of it so at each (x,y,z) position he made a little flat square with four colors each with space for a marble. So each location in this 4 dimensional space had a description:
[MATH](x=1\dots 4, y= 1\dots 4, z = 1 \dots 4,w = \textrm{One of Red, Blue, Green, White} )[/MATH]This gave us a physical object in 3 dimensions that represented a 4 dimensional cube with 4 slots on each side for a marble. It took a bit of thinking to "see" when you had 4 in a row. For example four marbles on one of the little colored squares would be in a "straight line". While the 3D game with 4 on a side is interesting and challenging to play, unlike the trivial 3x3 X and O child's game, the 4 dimensional game with 4 on a side was a trivial win for the first player. We could only speculate whether if we had used 5 on a side whether it would be a competitive game. Nobody wanted to build it.
But my point in this mildly off-topic post is that you could probably extend this idea to a 5th dimensional physical object in 3D. Wrapping your mind around what it really represents is another question.