8 sections of seats: how many seats could there be?

RockerChick

There are 8 sections of seats in an auditorium. Each section contains at least 150 seats but not more than 200 seats. Which of the following could be the number of seats in this auditorium?

(a) 800
(b) 1,000
(c) 1,100
(d) 1,300
(e) 1,700

Ok so I know the sections have to have between 150 and 200 seats and there are 8 sections...
So i should be multiplying something by 8? I'm getting confused.

Re: 8 sections of seats

RockerChick said:
There are 8 sections of seats in an auditorium. Each section contains at least 150 seats but not more than 200 seats. Which of the following could be the number of seats in this auditorium?
Every section has AT LEAST 150 seats. So, what is the smallest number of seats the auditorium might contain?

Every section has NO MORE THAN 200 seats. So, what is the largest number of seats the auditorium might contain?

Now, look at your answer choices to see which of them are appropriate as possible numbers of seats in the auditorium.

Mrspi said:
Every section has AT LEAST 150 seats. So, what is the smallest number of seats the auditorium might contain?

Every section has NO MORE THAN 200 seats. So, what is the largest number of seats the auditorium might contain?

Now, look at your answer choices to see which of them are appropriate as possible numbers of seats in the auditorium.
The smallest number would be 150 and the most it could be is 200....but what do i do with that info?

RockerChick said:
The smallest number would be 150 and the most it could be is 200....but what do i do with that info?
Hint: How many sections are there? :wink:

Eliz.

There are 8 sections...so should i multiply that with something?
sorry for all the questions, i just want to make sure i'm doing it right

Help! See my last post, I need help on how to finish this out...i'm obviously doing something wrong

RockerChick said:
Help! See my last post, I need help on how to finish this out...i'm obviously doing something wrong

There are 8 sections.

So

in the whole stadium (total 8 sections) what is the minimum number of people?

in the whole stadium (total 8 sections) what is the maximum number of people?

RockerChick said:
I need help on how to finish this out.
:shock:

If you have eight cups, each having five jelly beans, would you be able to figure out (other than pouring them out on the table and counting) how many jelly beans you have?

Thank you.

Eliz.