a Civil Engineer walked 60 m on a level towards the cliff.

Stein

Application of Double Angles (Addition Formulas): Having a certain unknown distance measured and the angle of elevation of the cliff a Civil Engineer walked 60 m on a level towards the cliff. The angle of elevation from this second station was the compliment of former angle. The Civil Engineer then walks 20 m nearer the cliff, on the same line and found the angle of elevation from the third station to be doubled the first angle. How high is the cliff?
Answer: 74.16 m

Please help me!!! I need a detailed solution to this problem. Thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a certain unknown distance measured and the angle of elevation of the cliff a Civil Engineer walked 60 m on a level towards the cliff. The angle of elevation from this second station was the compliment of former angle. The Civil Engineer then walks 20 m nearer the cliff, on the same line and found the angle of elevation from the third station to be doubled the first angle. How high is the cliff?
Answer: 74.16 m

Please help me!!! I need a detailed solution to this problem. Thanks :D

You have posted five problems without showing a line of work!

To start off, start with drawing a sketch.

Please share your work with us ...

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

Mr. Khan would you mind helping me again with this problem? I can't picture out the drawing itself. im so confused. please help me. thanks in advance.