A concert sold 1,068 tickets bringing in total revenue of $

hrucker

A concert sold 1,068 tickets bringing in total revenue of $15,060. Three categories of tickets were sold. Type "A" sold for $10, type "B" sold for $15 and type "C" sold for $20. There were 4 times as many "A" tickets sold as there were "B" tickets. How many of each type of ticket were sold and how much money did each type of ticket generate?

Name stuff!!

"How many of each type of ticket were sold and how much money did each type of ticket generate?"

A = # of A tickets
B = # of B tickets
C = # of C tickets

Total Tickets Sold

A + B + C = 1068

Total Revenue

A*10 + B*15 + C*20 = 15060

There's one more hint in there. Let's see what you can do.

Re: A concert sold 1,068 tickets bringing in total revenue o

hrucker said:
A concert sold 1,068 tickets bringing in total revenue of $15,060. Three categories of tickets were sold. Type "A" sold for $10, type "B" sold for $15 and type "C" sold for $20. There were 4 times as many "A" tickets sold as there were "B" tickets. How many of each type of ticket were sold and how much money did each type of ticket generate?
What piece of information are you overlooking?

There were 4 times as many "A" tickets sold as there were "B" tickets or A = 4B.

How can this simplify your solution path?

I think you are on your way now.

hrucker said:
I don't have a clue. Please help!!!
Do you see the giant red flag waving in front of my eyes? You CANNOT have NO clue. Read and think. Pay attention in class. Read your book. Do SOMETHING and GET a clue. That's how one learns.