A few problems about angles.

elgoog942

AF bisects< DAB, AE bisects <DAF, and AD bisects <CAF. Draw a picture that represents this situationto answer the first three questions if m<DAB=68, find m<DAE

none of the above

if m<DAB=x, find m<BAE

3x
2x
x
3x/4

Which of the following is congruent to <CAD

<DAE
<FAB
<EAB
none of the above

These are all multiple choice but if you could please show your work so that I know how to do it that would be cool.

To be completely honest. I have no idea where to even begin.

elgoog942 said:
To learn how to begin, you'll need to enroll in a geometry course. Unfortunately, we cannot here replicate the months of instruction requested. Sorry! :oops:

elgoog942 said:
none of the above

if m<DAB=x, find m<BAE

3x
2x
x
3x/4

Which of the following is congruent to <CAD

<DAE
<FAB
<EAB
none of the above

These are all multiple choice but if you could please show your work so that I know how to do it that would be cool.

I think "where to begin" is with the very first thing you're asked to do: AF bisects< DAB, AE bisects <DAF, and AD bisects <CAF. Draw a picture that represents this situation to answer the first three questions.

Draw an angle...this will be the angle DAB, the first angle mentioned. Label the vertex of the angle, and one point on each side of the angle.

Do you know which named point is the vertex of that angle? I sure hope so!

Now, you're told that AF bisects <DAB....what does this tell you? Well, F must be a point in the interior of <DAB. Ray AF divides <DAB into two smaller angles, which are equal in measure. (see the definition of "bisect.") Mark the equal angles.

Next, you're told that AE bisects <DAF...you should have an angle called DAF in your diagram at this point. And if AE bisects this angle, then E lies in the interior of <DAF, and the two angles DAE and EAF are congruent (see the definition of bisector again.) Mark the equal angles the same way.

You've already drawn ray AD...and the next thing you're told is that AD bisects <CAF. Wow...this is the first time that C has been mentioned!

Put on your thinking cap. You have rays AD and AF already...and you're told that AD bisects <CAF. Can you figure out where ray AC must be?

Draw AC, and mark the equal angles the same way...since AD bisects <CAF, you know that <CAD and <DAF must have equal measures.

Once you've done this part, you are ready to tackle the three questions...

If you've drawn the diagram and marked the angles which have the same measure the same way, these questions are really pretty simple.