A question about foreign exchange..

suood

This is my first post in the forum.. I hope this is the right section, if not please move the post.

A CD costs £9.50 in Britain and $9.70 in the United States. How much cheaper, in British money, is the CD when bought in the USA?

Thank you :D

oh! clearly the exchange reate was not included. I think it has to be calculated and the question is taken from a mathematics book " MATHEMATICS FOR IGCSE ". I help my brother in mathematics he asked this question today.. I hope that someone would be able to solve it.

Thank you,

oh! clearly the exchange reate was not included. I think it has to be calculated and the question is taken from a mathematics book " MATHEMATICS FOR IGCSE ". I help my brother in mathematics he asked this question today.. I hope that someone would be able to solve it.

Thank you,
Please give us the exact and complete wording of the problem.

This is my first post in the forum.. I hope this is the right section, if not please move the post.

A CD costs £9.50 in Britain and $9.70 in the United States. How much cheaper, in British money, is the CD when bought in the USA?

Thank you :D

If the exchange rate is not given (to be calculated from given figures) - then by assumption there is no loss/gain in transaction.

So it is not cheaper or more expensive - you pay exactly same price!!