About cone - Spatial Geometry

Yuri Caetano

Hello. Recently, my theacher pass for me a work about Spatial Geometry. The subject of it is cone, a very interesting solid.
The problem of my group and mine, is that we haven't find any information about the History of the Cone. When we search in the internet for it, we only find articles and websites that have information about ice creams, or jokes about.
If somebody in this forum knows where I can find info about cone's history, I will be very thankfully. A book, a site, a article, anything will help.
Thank a lot :)

What kind of historical information are you looking for? I don't think there's any one person who "invented" it, but there are probably some theorems about cones that were studied early.

It's quite likely that most of the interesting history would be related to conic sections, as has been suggested; that is perhaps what made cones most interesting to study. At least that is a good starting point. I found some interesting material by Googling "Euclid cone" to see what a famous geometer had to say about cones; that turns out to include early ideas on conic sections. You'll find even more with "Archimedes cone".

Here is Euclid's proof of the volume of a cone: https://mathcs.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/elements/bookXII/propXII10.html; the comments at the bottom will lead you to more.

You might want to google "conic sections".
I don' t know if there is a connection between the conics and the cone, of spatial geometry. I guess that the conics have much more of Analitcs Geometry than Spatial Geometry. But thanks, I will search about it :)

What kind of historical information are you looking for? I don't think there's any one person who "invented" it, but there are probably some theorems about cones that were studied early.

It's quite likely that most of the interesting history would be related to conic sections, as has been suggested; that is perhaps what made cones most interesting to study. At least that is a good starting point. I found some interesting material by Googling "Euclid cone" to see what a famous geometer had to say about cones; that turns out to include early ideas on conic sections. You'll find even more with "Archimedes cone".

Here is Euclid's proof of the volume of a cone: https://mathcs.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/elements/bookXII/propXII10.html; the comments at the bottom will lead you to more.
Thank you a lot for the help.
I'm searching not for a person who ''invented'' but for the history of cone. How it was used in the past, who are the firts geometer or mathemetics that have studied about it, in what epoque was, this kind of informations about the cone.
I've seen about Euclid and his studies about optics that seems to be when the cone has been ''discovered'', if I might say in this way, but I don't have sure if he is the first person to study the cone as a solid of the Spatial Geometry.
The link that you put in your anwser is leading me for a "404 Not Found" page, if you can fix it I will be very greatfull.
But the clues that you gave to me will help a lot. So thank you for the time :)