Acquiring assistance

Fire Lord

Salutations, I seem to be struggling with this question and cant see to understand how to solve it.

It would be great if anyone could give me a step by step solution so I can understand the process of doing this.

Thank you.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 3
Salutations, I seem to be struggling with this question and cant see to understand how to solve it.

It would be great if anyone could give me a step by step solution so I can understand the process of doing this.

Thank you.
I would first sketch a picture, and then decide what you have to calculate. Then do it.

As for how to do it, that depends on what you've learned. I imagine you are probably expected to use vectors, though that is not certain; and if you do, there are several ways to find the length of the resultant. You might use trigonometry, or coordinates of points, or components of vectors, or even complex numbers.

This is why we ask you to show some work, or at least tell us what you've learned:

If my guesses are right, you have two known vectors; their sum will give the vector from Centreville to Northcote; its length is the final distance, and then you can just add the three distances. So give it a try, and we'll have some idea what methods you are learning and where you are stuck. If you can ask specific questions, like "What does northwest mean?", that will be even better.