Admins and site owner (Jameson from MHB)

Jameson

Hi guys,

Sorry to do this publicly. Please delete and PM me if better. I wanted to share this with you for your consideration: Thread on MHB about situation

Let me know your thoughts and let's talk. I think you have a solid site here and it's one I would be happy to work with.

Best,
Jameson

I'm more active on FMH, and still not great here, but I think a merge, in my humble opinion, would be a good thing for the help community.
The forum can be slow, and a combo of two sites would make the community stronger. I'm sad it's come to this, but I think that is one of the better options.

Jameson, are you going to continue to be active on the boards, whichever they may be?

I don't know how to get a hold of @Ted, but I linked his profile.

-firemath

I'm more active on FMH, and still not great here, but I think a merge, in my humble opinion, would be a good thing for the help community.
The forum can be slow, and a combo of two sites would make the community stronger. I'm sad it's come to this, but I think that is one of the better options.

Jameson, are you going to continue to be active on the boards, whichever they may be?

I don't know how to get a hold of @Ted, but I linked his profile.

-firemath

I can't say I agree with it. The boards have distinct personalities and I think it's best left that way.

Ted's email address appears in the forum guidelines: ted@freemathhelp.com

?

Thank you! I just wrote him. Let's see how he responds. No hard feelings either way. This is out of the blue and we don't have a relationship so I'm probably unknown to him.

I can't say I agree with it. The boards have distinct personalities and I think it's best left that way.

I hear you. I know some would not like a merger. If I merge with any site, whether this one or another, I will do everything I can to balance the cultures and make all members feel heard.

This site has significantly larger traffic than MHB and I think that should be utilized. However I can easily see the sharp decrease in traffic from 5 years ago and believe this will only continue. I see FMH converted from vB -> XF just like MHF. I'm doing this right now as well. I paid almost $2,000 for a custom design and coding that needed to be brought over for our site to not break. The site owners are not profiting from them, at best they break even. Anyway, out of respect I don't want to bring too much attention to this and come off badly so I will wait and hope the owners get back to me.

Either way, good luck to you all, truly. I love these sites and what they've done for so many. I joined MHF as a moderator when I was in high school and it cultivated my passion for math so much. I loved it and definitely miss those days.