Advice please

missolmoreno

d) A colleague, who is a Fuels engineer, is testing the effects of an experimental fuel additive for petrol engines which your company is developing. She adds the same sample amount of additive to 100 full petrol tanks for the same model of car, and records the number of miles per gallon (mpg) for each car after being driven around a test track at a constant speed, until the fuel runs out. She knows that such testing undertaken without the additive produces a mean mpg figure of 44. Collecting results with the additive, she notices that the mean mpg figure is 48 with a sample standard deviation of 13 mpg.

By interpreting the results of the testing, show whether you agree, or not, with her hypothesis that the fuel additive has influenced the number of miles per gallon for the cars.

Draw by hand, or use suitable software, to produce a graphic, suitable for a nontechnical company executive, which represents the results of your analysis.

----------------------
d) Cars: 100
Mpg: 44
Mean mpg: 48
Deviation: 13
H: mpg, ?̅= 44
H: mpg, ?̅ 44

Z=48-44/1.3 = 3.076

Z is 3.076 this z-value corresponds to an area under our Normal curve of 0.498.
2x 0.498= 0.9996
0.9996/1 x 100= 99.96%
The alternative hypothesis is likely to be true and that the fuel additive does have an influence on the number of miles per gallon.

is this correct?

how do I draw the graphic ? I'm new in this, studying from home and I find it a bit confusing.